About the site
Curious Efficiency is the intermittently updated personal website of Nicholas Coghlan, CPython core developer, PSF Director, Red Hat toolsmith, cognitive science dabbler, and cynical idealist.
About the name
Curious Efficiency is actually a reframing of my original blog title, Boredom & Laziness - the original boredomandlaziness.org URLs now redirect here. The original site blurb on Boredom & Laziness read as follows:
There are a couple of very, very scary things in this world.
The first is a bored human. Bored humans have time to indulge their curiosity, with potentially amazing results.
The second is a lazy human. Lazy humans can be quite inventive when it comes to figuring out how to do less work.
So, here's to boredom & laziness - two of the prime movers in human progress!
"Curious Efficiency" is really just a nicer way of referring to the same concept.
This post goes into some additional detail on the concepts that inspired the naming, both the original form, and the current more conventionally acceptable phrasing.
Selected articles and presentations
Python related presentations and articles:
- Python 3 Q & A
- Python Beyond (C)Python: Adventures in Software Distribution (SciPy 2014 keynote)
- Python Packaging 2.0: Playing Well With Others (linux.conf.au 2014)
- Nobody Expects the Python Packaging Authority (PyCon Australia 2013)
- Path Dependent Development (PyCon Australia 2012)
- How Python Evolves (PyCon Australia 2011)
Beaker related presentations:
- Full Stack Integration Testing with Beaker (linux.conf.au 2014)
Interviews and reviews: